Please Let Me Stay Longer


Written as a reason for extending a tourist visa, entitled Exceptional Reason for Extended Stay. This reason would indicate that I need to stay in Melbourne and need to extend my tourist visa.

I have been living in Melbourne since March 2020 and I extended my visa that ended on 31 December 2020. In March 2021 IMMI granted my visa that soon will end next week 3 September 2021.

I thought the condition in Indonesia was getting better but I was wrong. It is worse than I thought. Victoria is in lockdown again for six times but the condition is completely different to my country. The number of people who get infected here is lower. In the neighborhood where I lived, last week it was around 60 people.


I do not want to live in fear of the virus, where right now in Indonesia there are 2000 deaths per day regularly being recorded according to the news I read. The number of hospital beds, the medicines supplies, and even the vaccination rollout have not been able to keep up with how fast Delta is moving in my country especially in July which I heard was the worst month for Indonesia because of the Delta variant.

I thank the Australian government for letting me get the Pfizer jab. I did my full vaccine last week.

Because of the pandemic, I want to live here a little bit longer. My partner is still working and supporting me. I am under the responsibility of him who pays for my everyday needs. He has been working full-time as a sub-contract at T-Holding for the past 21 years.

I know in the end, I will go home and continue my life there but I hope Australian Immigration can allow me to consider extending my visa until further pandemic goes down with no problem.

Comments

Popular Posts