It All Started with a Simple Call


Written as part of an 820 partner visa assignment, Development of the Relationship. This statement will help prove that our relationship is genuine and sustainable.

How to write a Relationship Statement for your Partner Visa?
Explain the nature of your relationship, how you met, and the timeline of important dates in the growth of your connection.

I remember clearly the day when I spoke to a man who now become my partner. I was in Brisbane visiting my boyfriend at that time šŸ˜‹ 

Before leaving for Brisbane, a friend told me about a man he knew through another friend who was the man's cousin. In my eyes, this friend seemed to like him šŸ˜…. She wanted me to call the man, in the hope that who knows, maybe the man wants to send something to his cousin, could give it to me to bring it.

So that's how it was,  I called him but unfortunately, we didn't talk for long because he was working. but he promised to call back. Until I got home he didn't call and later I found out that his phone was broken. 

As time passed, the love relationship between me and my boyfriend broke up after I knew that he had an affair. A few months later on my mother's 71st birthday, 19 June 2018, Meiske came and she reminded me again of her cousin. She came up with a strange idea, why not just call his cousin now? I thought maybe it would be okay to chat with him, who knows, it might be fun. It was surprising that he was really easy to chat with. The next day he called me and I remember clearly that day we talked for 5 hours. Bloody hell! 

Since then we have always been in touch via telephone, chat or using WhatsApp videocall, bringing us closer. It feels like we've known each other for a long time.

In the 2nd week after, he asked about my Australian visa status and a copy of my passport. Without asking, I sent it and the next day when I checked my email there was already a return ticket. WOW!!

YES YES YES he invited me to come to Melbourne and stayed with him for 3 months without being limited by distance and time. He thought that from there we could see if we were both suitable to continue our relationship to a more serious level.

You already know the rest of our story šŸ˜

Comments

Popular Posts